Storm the Mountain Adventure Challenge 2017!
December 19, 2016
Our fellow Search and Rescue volunteers at Pugwash Ground Search and Rescue invite you to participate in their 3rd annual “Storm the Mountain Adventure Challenge” (SMAC) taking place in Wentworth (Cumberland County) on February 4, 2017. SMAC is an eco-endurance challenge aimed at those who simply like winter fun events or those who are skilled in orienteering. It is also a great lead-up to our very own E2C in May!
- Proceeds will be used to upgrade the PGSAR facility and equipment.
- Two or more individuals make a team
- 35+ controls (on trail and off trail) to locate.
- 2 course times to choose from (4-hours or 8-hours) with 3 challenge categories (Armed Forces, Emergency Responders and SAR; Public Competitive; and Public Recreational).
- 8-hour event begins at 9:00 a.m. (registration beginning at 7:00 a.m.); 4-hour event begins at noon (registration beginning at 10:00 a.m.).
- Registration and mandatory equipment check at the Wentworth Recreation Centre (13752 Highway 4).
- Food and GREAT prizes at the Centre to end the day!
4-Hour Registration Fees (per participant) Emergency Responders, SAR & Armed forces $30 Public Recreational $40 Public Competitive $40 Youth (<18) $20
8-Hour Registration Fees (per participant) Emergency Responders, SAR & Armed forces $40 Public Recreational $60 Public Competitive $60 Youth (<18) $20
Registration and payment (via Paypal) can be completed online: www.stormthemountain.ca OR by sent by mail with a cheque made payable to Pugwash Ground Search and Rescue. BONUS!! Pay by January 13; take $5 off the event fee.
Questions can be directed to either Greg Nix (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Theresa Rushton (Theresa.email@example.com). For more information, see smac-notice.